Friday, October 23, 2009

Biodiversity

Probably the most exciting experience I had with nature was when I went snorkeling in Hawaii. First of all Hawaii was probably the most beautiful place I had ever been. We took a boat to a spot where they told us there were supposed to be sea turtles. I was really nervous about snorkeling because I thought I might freak out if I saw a shark or any fish that was bigger than my hand. However once I got in the water, I had so much fun. I was so surprised to see there were actually sea turtles. They were the most beautiful animals I've seen in person. They were so majestic and graceful. At the same time they were really quick in the water. I was one of the last persons back on the boat because I didn't want to leave.

Not everyone will agree with me on this but I would say yes. We should concern ourselves with "saving nature" considering we're the ones that are wiping them out. We rely on nature. The End of the Wild made a good point when it talked about how wetlands kind of act as a natural barrier to hurricanes. When we destroy these or build on them, we are putting ourselves in danger. I think we can learn a lot from different species and it would be unfair if we only focused on industrializing and take nature for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment