Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oh hey, blog group!

I know this is kind of far-fetched, but would anyone be interested in perhaps putting our CRADLES idea, or something like it, into action over winter break? We have the vision, the contacts, and the time (I know I don't do anything but eat cereal and watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia over breaks), and Professor Nicholson's reaction made me think that this is all very feasible. Or maybe I just woke up on the right side of the bed today. Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. We can be the change we want to see in the world! Power to the people!

    I have limited time over winter break, from travelling and such, but I would be more than happy to get involved. I have a feeling it would be a really large endeavor, since Trade Associations need lots of money, but maybe we could revise our plan or something. If you feel motivated enough, it could certainly be worth it. Maybe send an email out to the whole class too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you taking the lead on this Sarah. Your group might start by researching the work already being done on these issues by William McDonough and his crew: check out http://www.greenblue.org/about.html and http://www.c2ccertified.com/. I can then put you in touch with one of my old students who is working for McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry, if you want to follow up. You've got great ideas -- the next step is to turn those ideas into ACTION.

    simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the middle of nowhere, so I basically do nothing on break. I would definitely have some time to try to work on making this actually go somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete