Thursday, December 3, 2009

Last Post :(

Over the break I talked to my dad a little about climate change. I am definitely not one for a provocative approach because I think that can easily turn someone off. I tried to talk about what I have learned this semester as calmly and as scientifically I could but on the spot I wasn't able to communicate all my ideas as accurately as I wanted. I have a hard time articulating my thoughts when I'm wrapped up in the heat of the moment. I tried to talk to him about the climate change and even how the individualistic approach isn't the right way to go about the problem. I also tried to talk to him about the wedges exercise in class. He thought some of the wedges were kind of extreme and not going to happen within the next half century. He was glad to talk about it though with me. I think everyone has different styles of communications and are better at some than other. Sometimes I feel like debates or trying to enlighten someone over the holidays just comes off as condescending. I feel like I am more of a behind the scenes person such as I would rather design promotional materials for my beliefs than talk about them. The project I'm working for the presentations is more my style. I hope to show him it when I go back for break.

No comments:

Post a Comment